This is a generic Lightning Component that allows for the display or editing of a Long Text Area field on the record page with a larger input box than what is standard and the ability to toggle it on and off.
Additional parameters include setting the width and starting height of the field display area and setting startup mode to on or off and the maximum size of the field. The height of the input box can be adjusted by the user by dragging the bottom right corner.
Using the Component
You can use this Lightning Component on a Record Page.
- Long Text Area Field API Name – API Name of the Long Text Area field
- Starting Phase for Toggle – Start with the field Displayed (On) or Hidden (Off) [Default: On]
- Component Height – Display the text box height as 4rem (Small), 8rem (Medium) or 12rem (Large) [Default: Medium]
- View or Edit Mode – (View) mode displays the field only, (Edit) mode adds an Update button [Default: Edit]
- Maximum Field Length – Set this to be the size of your Long Text Area field in characters [Default: 32000]