This is a generic Lightning Flow Action Component that can be used at the end of a Flow to load a Salesforce Record page. Unlike the Navigate to SObject component, you can specify whether to open the record in Edit or View mode.
Created by Eric Smith – September 2019
I wrote this component to solve the issue raised in this idea:
In your Developer Console, select File > New > Lightning Component > Name: navigateToRecord > Submit
- For Component, replace everything shown with the contents of navigateToRecord.cmp
- For Controller, replace everything shown with the contents of navigateToRecordController.js
- For Design, replace everything shown with the contents of navigateToRecord.design
Then select File > Save All
The component takes three parameters
- Object – SObject Type of the Record (Account, Case, Opportunity, Custom__c, etc)
- Record ID – Record Id of the record to display (This can be the Id of a new record created in the Flow)
- View or Edit? – Default (View), Select what mode you want to be in when switching to the record.
Drag the Action Element onto your Flow Canvas, select navigateToRecord and provide Input Values for the 3 parameters. If this element is the last one in your Flow, the user will be redirected to the defined record screen in the selected mode.
This flow action does NOT work when run from Flow Setup. It ONLY works when run on a Lightning Page.