Pilot other considerations and requirements: Einstein Next Best Action on Flow(Blog 3 of 4 series)
If you haven’t already, check out these blogs for an Overview of the pilot and a detailed tutorial!
How do I get access to this pilot feature?
- Reach out to your AE to get nominated for the pilot, we will turn on the pilot perm on your Sandbox and you are ready to roll!
- Feature is available in Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS FOR PILOT
- Accessing Recommendation fields in the invoked flow
Create an optional input variable named inputRecommendation in the invoked flow of data type ‘Record’ and Object type ‘Recommendation’ and mark it as Available for input as shown.
Now this variable holds details of the selected recommendations on the invoked flow that the admin can choose to display a more descriptive text on the screenflow invoked or save for custom reporting purposes. Example below where the category field(custom field) of the inputRecommendation is referenced in the invoked screenflow.
- Automatic Variables
When you open the new recommendation strategy process type, 2 variables will be automatically created in the Manager tab under resources .
1.recordId: This is the variable that will have the value of the contextRecordId. (This is only pilot experience. In beta and beyond, this will be upgraded to support $Record variable that will hold context record
2. outputRecommendations: This is the collection variable that the user has to assign the final recommendation collection to so that the runtime component can display these recommendations (In beta and beyond an output/end node will automatically have access to the final recommendations but the admin will still have the ability to reassign it)
- Versioning/ Activate or Deactivate a Recommendation Strategy: Versioning is a new platform capability that will be available to NBA users on this pilot. You can have multiple versions of a recommendation strategy, but only one version of each flow can be active at a time. You can activate or deactivate a flow right in Flow Builder or from the flow’s detail page in Setup.
|To create or manage recommendations||Modify All Data or Manage Next Best Action Strategies|
|To open, edit, or create a flow in Flow Builder:||Manage Flow|
|To create and save Lightning pages in the Lightning App Builder:||Customize Application|
|To view Lightning pages in the Lightning App Builder:||View Setup and Configuration|
|To run a recommendation strategy on a Lightning record page:||Run FlowsORFlow User field enabled on the user detail page|
|To create, edit and delete custom report types:||Manage Custom Report Types|
|To view recommendation metrics data:||Modify All Data or Manage Next Best Action Strategies|
Check out the other blogs in the series for
Summer ’21 Pilot Preview: Einstein Next Best Action on Flow! (Blog 1 of 4 series)
Pilot Tutorial -Einstein Next Best Action on Flow(Blog 2 of 4 series)
Pilot FAQs-Einstein Next Best Action on Flow (Blog 4 of 4 series)
Happy Next Best Actioning!!