From: Saikiran Gogurla: Spring 21 Feature: Preset the Territory’s Timezone on the timeslot screen
The default time zone for all times shown in a Salesforce Scheduler flow would be the timezone set for the user scheduling the appointment. See more details on how this would work for the various flows here.
In Spring 21 feature, a feature provided an ability to (pre)set the timezone across multiple screens on the Outbound, Inbound & Guest User flows (Create & modify) across mobile & desktop.
One common scenario this helps you to cover is, when a Customer care agent is booking an “On-behalf” appointment and wants to see the time-slots in the timezone of their selected territory.
Now, this is easy to achieve with Clicks, not code!
Imagine a customer care agent based in Chicago (Central time) is booking an appointment for a customer who wants to meet a banker in the Denver branch (Mountain time) of Cumulus bank.
Wouldn’t the customer care agent wants to see the time slots in Mountain time automatically and book the appointment?
With Salesforce Scheduler, now the agent can easily look at the available time slots in the bank operating hours timezone by default and book the appointments. Don’t worry about the Timezone in which the territory is operating and all; it is taken care of!!
All the timings shown in my flow are configured to Cumulus Bank (Denver) operating timezone.
Question: What if some other bank is at a different location or any Service Territory for that matter? Will my flow behave like it is configured to that Service Territory dynamically?
Answer: Oh Yes!!
Let’s look at how it is done,
Configuration is the same for Outbound, Inbound, and Guest flows, illustrating for Outbound Flow.
- Add a new Assignment Element called Set Territory Timezone, after the Location Screen.
- Set the DefaultTimeZone variable to Timezone from ServiceTerritory Operating Hours.
- Save the flow.
— Now the flow is configured to the timezone based on the Service Territory chosen —
Screens that have an impact :
- Candidate Screen now shows Next Availability in the Service Territory Timezone.
- Flow Time Slot Screen, now by default shows Time Slots in Territories Timezone.
- Flow Review Screen shows the selected time slot in the timezone in which Territory Operates.
- For Inbound and Guest Flow., Next Availability and Time Slots are configured to Territory Timezone on Resource Time Slot Screen, and it looks like,
These are some of the use-cases that can be solved but not limited to,
- Agents booking on-behalf appointments, want to see all time-slots in territory timezone by default.
- Branch Managers and above, no matter from where customer books an appointment, he/she visits our site and tries to book appointment and all time-sots should be shown in my Territory supported Timezone by default.
- Guest appointment booking, are you sending out an email to customer to book an appointment using the link and wants him to see time-slots in your territory timezone?
Your customer will never miss his/her appointment time, when booked with Territory timezone!